- Category: Recipes
Yield: about 8 balls
7 Medjool dates, destemmed, pitted
1 1/2 cups walnuts
5 Tbsp cacao nibs
1 1/2 vanilla bean
pinch Celtic sea salt
• Soak walnuts overnight, drain and rinse.
• Grind cacao nibs to a powder, as fine as possible.
• Remove ends of vanilla bean pod. Cut vanilla into small pieces.
• Place dates, walnuts, cacao, vanilla and salt in a food processor.
• Pulse until smooth.
• Remove mixture from food processor and roll into balls.
To achieve decadence result, process until no longer can see bits of walnuts. Color should be a consistent dark brown. May have to break up ball formed in processor several times to get fully processed. Photo shows results of recipe doubled. Need a heavy duty and large food processor to process this recipe doubled.