Just got off the phone after texting my brother. We live two hours apart, so I love this ability to keep in touch by having a little chat every few days. (Amazing, huh? Considering we are in our 60s.) He mentioned how he has been busy weeding and since, after checking the radar on our phones, the forecasted rains are not close to either of us yet, he was going to take the opportunity to weed some more. He likes his beautiful landscaping being the envy of the neighborhood. That reminded me of the time he weeded out some poison ivy several years back.
Just to be clear, poison ivy, poison oak, poison sumac all have the same substance – a long-lasting sticky oil called urushiol that leaves a very ugly and painful and itchy rash.
Here in the country, people have been known to pour gasoline on their skin where it was touched by the plant, as it breaks down the oil from the poison ivy (or poison oak or poison sumac) so that it can be removed from the body and not spread. Did you gasp when you read the word “gasoline”? Think how the skin took in that gasoline and put it in the bloodstream. Truly toxic as it heads for the liver…
You need a rinse that helps to SAFELY break down the oil from the poison ivy (or poison oak or poison sumac) so that it can be removed from the body and not spread and will also begin to heal the skin.